Friday, September 12, 2014

#15: Ancient Nipponia (Kiuchi Brewery)

Name: Hitachino Nest Ancient Nipponia
Brewery: Kiuchi Brewery
Style: Imperial Pilsner, 6.5%


I'd had a couple beers by this brewery before, and they were good, especially for being from Japan. With the cute Hitochino Nest owl and the fancy gold lettering (and, fine, the intriguing ingredients), I was expecting something really unique and awesome.
Unique: yes! Awesome: kinda. This is one beer that I went back and forth on with each sip. I could tell that it's not a bad beer, but I wasn't too crazy about the flavor. It grew on me, and the people I was drinking with really liked it. I say, try it. It's not going to taste like anything you've had before, and it's certainly not foul. I'd like to try it again sometime.

Label: 3.5/5
Beer: 3.5/5



No comments:

Post a Comment